Sense, analyze, and generate insights with Synapse Real-Time Analytics in Microsoft Fabric
See Arun Ulagaratchagan’s blog post to read the full Microsoft Fabric preview announcement.
In our personal lives, we’ve become accustomed to accessing and consuming data in an interactive, on-demand, and easily accessible way. From streaming movies and TV shows to ordering food and groceries online, we expect to have what we need at our fingertips in real-time. This shift in data consumption has been powered by big data, streaming data ingestion, and indexed, keyword-based search, all of which have simplified the user experience. However, many organizations have struggled to keep up with this shift due to the complexity of their data systems and lack of appropriate tools. This is where Synapse Real-Time Analytics in Microsoft Fabric comes in.
With Real-Time Analytics, organizations can simplify their data integration and focus on scaling up their analytics solution while democratizing data for everyone, from citizen data scientists to advanced data engineers. Real-Time Analytics enables quick access to data insights through automatic data streaming, indexing, and partitioning, and employs auto-generated queries and visualizations, all while preserving powerful analytical capabilities. The platform is optimized for streaming, time-series data, and utilizes a query language and engine with exceptional performance for searching structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
One of the key advantages of Real-Time Analytics is its seamless integration with all Fabric experiences, including Lakehouse, Data warehouse, Data Integration, and Power BI. This allows organizations to leverage the full power of the Fabric platform to store, manage, process, and analyze their data with ease. Real-Time Analytics can ingest data from any source and in any data format, without the need to build complex data models or create scripts to transform the data. Imported data undergoes default partitioning and indexing, allowing users to work with versatile data structures and query structured, semi-structured, or free text.
Another major advantage of Real-Time Analytics is its ability to scale to an unlimited amount of data, from gigabytes to petabytes, with unlimited scalability on concurrent queries and concurrent users. Real-Time Analytics is an ideal solution for businesses that need to work with high-speed, high-volume data streams. It’s also well-suited for organizations that require real-time insights to drive their decision-making processes. If you need to ingest data quickly, with high freshness and low query latency, Real-Time Analytics is an excellent choice.
Additionally, if you need to work with structured, semi-structured, or unstructured data formats, including free text, Real-Time Analytics offers the necessary flexibility. With its ability to handle large volumes of data and optimized time-series database structure, Real-Time Analytics is a valuable tool for organizations across a range of industries, including finance, transportation and logistics, smart cities, smart buildings, manufacturing operations, automotive, and oil and gas.
Real-Time Analytics also includes:
- Simplified Get Data experience for bringing data from any format and source.
- One-click Power BI report generation.
- One Logical Copy – data can be available to Microsoft OneLake and exposed to other Fabric experiences.
- Truly serverless – no SKU selection.
- Real-time streaming data availability in seconds from ingestion to querying.
- Querying OneLake data via OneLake shortcuts.
- Seamless connectivity with Azure Data Explorer for databases via Cloud Connection.
- Real-time complex data structure transformation.
In summary, Synapse Real-Time Analytics in Microsoft Fabric is a fully managed big data analytics platform that simplifies data integration and democratizes data for organizations. It allows organizations to focus on scaling up their analytics solutions while seamlessly integrating with other Fabric experiences. With its ability to ingest data from any source, query raw data without transformation, and scale to handle massive amounts of data, Real-Time Analytics is a powerful tool for organizations looking to stay ahead in the data-driven world.
Get started with Microsoft Fabric
Microsoft Fabric is currently in preview. Try out everything Fabric has to offer by signing up for the free trial—no credit card information required. Everyone who signs up gets a fixed Fabric trial capacity, which may be used for any feature or capability from integrating data to creating machine learning models. Existing Power BI Premium customers can simply turn on Fabric through the Power BI admin portal. After July 1, 2023, Fabric will be enabled for all Power BI tenants.
If you want to learn more about Microsoft Fabric, consider:
- Signing up for the Microsoft Fabric free trial
- Visiting the Microsoft Fabric website
- Reading the official documentation on Real-Time Analytics in Microsoft Fabric
- Reading the more in-depth Fabric experience announcement blogs
- Data Factory experience in Fabric blog
- Synapse Data Engineering experience in Fabric blog
- Synapse Data Science experience in Fabric blog
- Synapse Data Warehousing experience in Fabric blog
- Power BI announcement blog
- Data Activator experience in Fabric blog
- Administration and governance in Fabric blog
- OneLake in Fabric blog
- Microsoft 365 data integration in Fabric blog
- Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric integration blog
- Exploring the Fabric technical documentation
- Reading the free e-book on getting started with Fabric
- Exploring Fabric through the Guided Tour
- Watching the free Fabric webinar series
- Joining the Fabric community to post your questions, share your feedback, and learn from others
- Visiting Microsoft Fabric Ideas to submit suggestions for improvements and vote on your peers’ ideas